Jailbreak 6.1, 6.0.1, 5.1.1 iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, iPod Touch iPad Untethered
RedSn0w 0.9.13 Dev 4 Jailbreak iOS 6.0 iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4G
RedSn0w 0.9.13 Dev 4 is the current jailbreak tool available to jailbreak iOS 6 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4G. If you are a jailbreaker and your device is already jailbroken remember by installing this iOS 6.0 jailbreak your previous jailbreak shall be removed. Therefore think again and decide carefully whether you should upgrade to iOS 6 jailbreak or not. If you are having Phone 4s, iPad 2 and iPad 3 don’t upgrade to iOS6 because still there is no hope that we shall get iOS 6 jailbreak for these A5 & A6 devices.
Welcome jailbreaknation jailbreak 6.0 RedSn0w 0.9.13 Dev 4 Guide
This iOS 6 redsn0w jailbreak is tethered that means each time you need to reboot your iphone or ipad you will need to connect to your computer and boot tethered using redsn0w.
This iOS 6 jailbreak does not install Cydia in normal way and you should need to install it manually using the command line.
Recommendation Before upgrading To iOS 6:
I recommend you to save your SHSH blobs before iOS upgrade and before going to jailbreak iOS 6. Click here to Save Your SHSH Blobs.
How To Jailbreak 6 / 6.0
1. Download the latest version of RedSn0w for iOS 6 jailbreak and extract on your desktop preferably.
Update: Please use RedSn0w 0.9.13 Dev4 version to jailbreak 6 .0.
2. Backup your device to your computer using iTunes.
3. Download iOS 6.0 ipsw files from here for your device
4. Open the extracted RedSn0w folder and run the redsn0w.exe file. The main RedSn0w window will appear. Go To Extras => Select IPSW and browse for the firmware file you downloaded in previous step
5. Go back to main redsn0w window and click the Jailbreak button to jailbreak and install Cydia. It will process and ask for selection options Click next and check the options of Install SSH. Click next
6. The RedSn0w will ask to put your device in DFU mode. Just follow the screen instructions to put your iphone or ipad in DFU mode. Once you press the correct buttons the jailbreak process will start automatically, let your device to reboot and be ready.
7. Boot Tethered jailbreak 6.0
Since this iOS 6 jailbreak is tethered therefore you have to go to one final step before you can use your device and install jailbreak apps and tweaks through Cydia.
Open RedSn0w => Extras => Just Boot , put your device in DFU mode and let it reboot automatically.
Now your iPhone 4S/3GS and iPod Touch 4G are Jailbroken, but still you need to install Cydia.
How To Install Cydia on iOS 6
- Note down the IP address of your iphone or ipad, go to Settings => Wi-Fi => Tap right arrow on your Wi-Fi connection and note down the IP Address.
- If you are windows user just start the command prompt from Accessories => Command Prompt or Type cmd and hit Enter. A new dos window will start. Alternatively you can use putty to run the commands in Windows
- On Mac start the terminal.
- Connect your device to the computer
- Type below command in command prompt and press Enter:
- ssh root@your device’s IP address
- for example: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type Yes or Y to allow and provide password “alpine” when asked
- Type below command in the command prompt and press Enter.
- wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
- After the activity on the terminal window is finished. Boot tethered your device as mentioned above.
- You will see Cydia installed on your iOS 6 jailbroken device.